Friday, March 5, 2010

CORE MODEL RANISE "THE CHAMP" (MISSISSIPPI)

Ranise Brown "The Champion", a name that speaks for itself, is an original Texas girl from North Dallas born on June, 3, 1981. She currently is representing her second hometown, where she was raised most of her life and presently dwells, Biloxi, MS. Ranise modeled as a pre-teen, from the ages of 9-12 , with her grandfather, who is a professional photographer and illustrator as her guidance. As time went on, modeling was put on the back burner and in 2005, became a renewed substance for Ranise. She started off with her own modeling group called 2faced Ent and quickly discovered the hustle of the internet, that is when she found Lady Dolla and became a Chopper City Girl in December 2007. Having the opportunity to attend and work at events, as well as assisting Lady Dolla on the admin side put her true capabilites, not only as a model, but also promoting and managing to the test. Over the past few years, Ranise has built a steady and growing portfolio, improved her skills all around by hosting and attending events, upcoming calendars, being featured on mixtapes, online mags and various websites. Ranise is a new member as of September 2009, of the outstanding group, The Core Models linked directly with none other than the infamous Core DJs www.coredjradio.com. She is also a member of the legendary, Lady Dolla Dolls. This journey is far from over, in fact, it has just began for "The Champ". There is so much more to this young lady that you couldn't imagine, and with her initiative attitude, drive, hard-work, optimism and faith, that you might just need to catch up and watch out for "The Champ".


1. How and when did you start modeling?
I actually started modeling between the ages of 9-10. My grandfather was and still is a professional photographer, which led me to participate in local shows, casting, events, etc.

2. Do you feel that the fashion/ modeling industry is competitive?
I feel it is competitive if you allow it to be. Of course, there is competition when applying/submitting for certain projects. In my eyes, there is plenty of opportunity to go around, it just depends on what you want to do, how fast, and what you are going to do to invest in it. The more you invest in yourself, the more people see that and the more opportunity you have. There is so many talented and beautiful models of all types in the world, you just have to find your place, constantly evolve with self confidence and make your mark.

3. How do you spend your time when you're not in front of the camera?
At my 8-430 job, which takes up most of my day during the week..lol..spending time with my son, other fam,friends, and working on the many other interest and hobbies I have such as promoting, managing, and writing.

4. Are you signed with an agency? If not, is that a goal?
If the right agency came along then that would be a good move I would definitely take advantage of, but I wouldn't say that is a main "goal" right now. I am a CORE model and a member of the Lady Dolla Dolls.

5. Have you always wanted to model?
If you know me, you wouldnt think so, because I am actually shy until I get to know you, not as much as I use to be though. So, it actually is something that was always an interest in the back of my mind, being exposed to it at an early age, but it really became a passion that I was "AWARE" I had in 2005. Guess I picked up where my grandfather was going with things. :)

6. Which photographer do you dream about working with in the future?
DAVID LACHAPELLE! That man is awesome!

7. Describe a shoot that you had the most fun working on.
Every shoot I've done so far and mainly because they have all been learning experiences. It's exciting to see how far I have come and how much further I can get as long as I keep at it. All my shoots with Leroy Dickson are fun though, he has been my main photog since Nov '08, also my shoot with David Hill of Visual Cocktails in New Orleans, he's a fun photog and very knowledgable.

8. What beauty product can you not be without?
Cocoa Butter! Yay!! I know-Simple...what can I say!

9. Who are some of your favorite designers?
Bargains...lol...but I love Dolce Vita, BCBG, BeBe...I imagine when I can get into other real designers, I will have more of an opinion on that. Hell, one day it might be me as my fav designer :)

10. What piece of advice can you give to those young women trying to be in the fashion/modeling industry?
Give yourself time, you really cant be a professional or popular model overnight just cus you have a beautiful face or body;ultimately you have to do more than just stand there and look...Modeling is an ART, so find out what type of asset you are trying to be and expand your mind to exceed those expectations. Don't limit yourself but respect yourself and do whats comfortable for you. Don't let the next person determine your next move, let them motivate it. Always remember a close mouth doesnt get fed, you must INVEST IN YOURSELF if you want somebody else to!


Contact Info: www.twitter.com/ranisethechamp
Booking Info: RaniseTheChamp@gmail.com