Thursday, February 25, 2010

TURK ASKS FANS FOR HELP (Louisiana)

 

turk Incarcerated New Orleans rapper and Hot Boys member Turk is reaching out to his fans for support after his younger brother was gunned down in Jefferson Parish.

The rappers brother, Ronald Smith, was gunned down behind a Daquiri shop in New Orleans on Manhattan St. around 3am yesterday (February 22). Jefferson Parish police officers were flagged down by a pedestrian after Smith was found lying dead on the ground with several gunshot wounds. It has been reported that authorities have a suspect in custody, 19 year old Travis Dennis, who has already admitted to the shooting.

Turk recently sent out a message to media asking fans for financial help after his tragic family loss.

“My little brother and I were as close as brothers can be and it hurts me to lose him at such a young age, but as a man I must be strong. I have been in jail now for over 6yrs and there’s not much I can do. My mother is mourning over the loss of her youngest child and over the fact that there is no insurance or funds to arrange the proper burial. I am asking for you to get the word out and to also help financially in any way you can. Any donations can be sent to me at the Shelby County Jail by Western Union and for those who know me personally funds can be given directly to my mother Ms. Pamela Smith.”

Fans wishing to help contribute to the services can do so via Western Union:

Western Union Blue Quick Collect Form
Pay to: SSC
Code City: Cobra Cash, FL
Account# 2M8115125virgil

Wetsern union can also be done over the phone at 1-800-325-6000.

Turk is currently serving a twelve year sentence for an array of charges after shooting  a Tennessee police officer in 2004. Turk was later convicted in 2005 on Federal charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm, a fugitive from justice in possession of a firearm, and an unlawful user addicted to a controlled substance in possession of a firearm.

If you would like to write to or send letters of condolence to Turk, use the address below:

Tab Virgil #8115125
201 Poplar 1A/12
Memphis, TN 38103

 

Taken From KeepItTrill.com